Friday, April 24, 2009

Nordstrom's-FORBIDDEN

Yesterday, Sarah, Rebecca and I went to the Burlington Mall, which is an upscale mall about 45 minutes from here. We had a great day. Went into all the stores that were too expensive for us and into my favorite store-Anthropologie! I just LOVE that store.
We were looking for graduation dresses for the girls and a prom dress for Sarah. We passed Nordstrom's and I said, "Let's see if they're having any sales!" I'm Nordstrom-challenged-I didn't know you don't say Nordstrom's and sale in the same sentence. They actually only have sales 4 times a year. So the girls found some very pretty dresses and headed to the dressing room to try them on. Very pretty-very expensive. Had I known the dress Becca picked to try on was $368 I never would have let her try it on. Well, in typical Becca style, the zipper got stuck, then the zipper broke and she couldn't get out of it. I worked on it, and worked on it. It became aerobic exercise as I sweated and contorted to try to fix the zipper. Not only did the zipper break but the material pulled. (OH DEAR GOD!) Becca & I prayed. Then we got the very nice saleswoman. She worked on it for awhile & then said, "I'm going to get a scissor and cut her out of the dress!!!!!!!!!! "NO!" I said pleadingly,"I can't pay for it!" She said, "Oh you won't have to." She left and came back with a scissor and proceed to CUT THE DRESS! We apologized profusely, and promptly left the store. I had to sit down when we hit the mall. I didn't know if I was going to pass out or throw up. Becca said weakly,"Are you mad?" "No", I said, " but we can never go in that store again."
So ends another chapter in the Cram Adventures!

No comments: